What we Believe
Here are our 16 non-negotiable beliefs:
- We believe the Scriptures are inspired by God.
- We believe there is One True God revealed in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe man willingly fell into sin – ushering in evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
- We believe every person can be restored to fellowship with God through accepting Christ’s offer of forgiveness and salvation.
- We believe in water baptism by immersion after salvation, and holy communion as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
- We believe the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a special experience following salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service.
- We believe the initial evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongues as experienced on the Day of Pentecost.
- We believe sanctification initially occurs at salvation, but is also a progressive lifelong process.
- We believe the church has a mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin.
- We believe a divinely called and biblically ordained leadership ministry serves the church.
- We believe divine healing of the sick is a privilege for Christians today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement.
- We believe in the Blessed Hope – when Jesus raptures his church prior to his return to Earth.
- We believe in the millennial reign of Christ when Jesus returns with his saints at his second coming and begins his rule over earth for 1,000 years.
- We believe in a final judgment for those who have rejected Christ.
- We believe in a new heavens and a new earth that Christ is preparing for all people who have accepted Him.